GUIDE TO UPGRADE YOUR NOKIA 5233 FIRMWARE
SO NOW AS YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM previous page :
1) ORIGINAL FIRMWARE
2) MODDED FIRMWARE
3) FLASH TOOLS
(IF NOT DOWNLOADED GO to previous page AND DOWNLOAD)
START THE PROCESS
Note : Tools Needed in Steps 1, 2, 3, 20 Are In Nokia Flash Tools Pack
1. Install JAF 1.98.62 in The Default Directory i.e. C:\program files\ODEON\JAF\.
2. Copy the downloaded Pkey Emulator to C:\program files\ODEON\JAF\ and create a shortcut for it on the desktop. Delete all other JAF shortcuts created by JAF.
3. Now place the Jaf_nok4models.ini file in c:\program files\ODEON\JAF\
Replace The older one with this file.
4. Run the jaf pkey emulator. NOTE: if u are using win 7 or vista run it in compatibility mode of win xp sp2 with administrator privilege.
5. After starting the emulator many lines will appear. Don’t worry abt dat. Click on go.
6. JAF will start but will show an error- BOX DRIVER NOT INSTALLED. Click OK.
7. JAF will show three tabs DCT4, BB5, PKEY. Our phone is of type BB5 so click on it. After that u will see many boxes ticked.
CLICKED ON BB5
8. Untick ‘normal mode’ and ‘CRT 308’
9. Tick ‘manual flash’ and ‘dead usb’ than tick ‘USE INI’
10. Wait for abt 10 secs for the dialogue box to appear. After that select ur phone model no. And its type. E.g. for 5233 select- RM-625 nokia 5233 cable 5800
'Use INI' will still be disabled, leave it.
11. Now u can see below in the “status and results” window JAF will show the location it searches for the firmware flashing files. Note the location. It will be something like "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-625
12. Go to that location or create the location if it doesn’t exist. Create the path as it is!! don’t change anything.
13. Now copy the Firmware Files To This Location C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-625. There will be 8 files in total. With The Original ROFS3 , ROFS2 AND UDA Files Replaced By My MOD Files. i.e. (5 original files with 3 of my mod files so total 8)
14. Again click on Use INI and select the same phone model. Now it will show the files we are going to flash and the MCU, PPM, CNT and APE Variant lights on the top will glow green. The box below will show the version you are going to flash.
15. See that ur phone has sufficient charge of abt 15 mins before flashing it. Switch off d phone and connect it to the pc and leave it.
16. Now everything is done, click on the 'FLASH' button the top right corner of JAF window. A warning box will pop up, don’t get scared, its just a general notification, so click 'YES'. Now it will tell "PRESS POWER ON NOW! Searching for phone..."
17. Switch Off Your Phone And Connect It To PC Via USB . Now press the phone's power button for 1 seconds to switch it on, dont keep on holding it. (WE DNT WANA SWITCH ON THE PHN) You will not get a vibration as usual after 4 secs the screen will go white. Check on JAF and it will say phone found and erasing and flashing will start shortly.
NOTE : IF YOUR PHONE IS NOT FOUND EVEN AFTER TRYING MANY TIME AGAIN N AGAIN
CHANGE YOUR USB PORT AND TRY.
Install These Nokia Drivers ANd Flash.
Download Link : USB CABLE DRIVERS ( http://depositfiles.com/en/files/b3xejsk9x )
SOMETIMES IF PC SUITE IS NOT INSTALLED THIS PROB OCCURS SO INSTALL IT.
18. Flashing takes 1 minute and then JAF will say Done after pooling the fone.
The phone will restart.
19. Remove the cable and phone will mostly be showing Local Mode Screen. Remove the Battery, Reinsert it and Power On.
20. This Is Very Impr. Step , Reset Your Phone : Memory Card Must Be In The Phone While You Do Reset (DATA ON MMC IS SAFE)
SOFT RESET : Dial *#7370# (Password = 12345) , Phn Will Restart Now.
HARD RESET : PRESS AND HOLD (Green + Red + Cam) These 3 Keys While Booting The Phone.
BEFORE AND AFTER FLASHING :
RESET YOUR PHONE BY DIALING *#7370# , PASSWORD = 12345